[FFmpeg-devel] Fate samples
michael at niedermayer.cc
Sun Nov 11 13:57:51 EET 2018
I think we need another volunteer to help with uploading fate samples
why i think so, well, if i dont do it it seems to not happen currently
until i do it ...
This is worsened as james has technical problems with uploads ATM
Do we have anyone who wants to help upload fate samples for contributors?
What would that person need to do ?
* Have some time (maybe an hour or 2 a week at average, but this should be
ideally flexible and available when someone needs a sample uploaded.
* follow the mailing list to spot patches which require sample uploads
* Ability to judge if the filesize is reasonable (the file needs to be
on every machine testing fate, both users, fate clients, some on VMs,
some on low endish ARM boards.
* Locally apply patches to test if the fate tests using a sample, function
correctly before uploading. (preferrably on multiple platforms)
* not mess up fate samples in a way that breaks releases or older checkouts
Michael GnuPG fingerprint: 9FF2128B147EF6730BADF133611EC787040B0FAB
Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being
governed by those who are dumber. -- Plato
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 181 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the ffmpeg-devel