[FFmpeg-devel] Fate samples

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Sun Nov 11 23:11:20 EET 2018

On Sun, Nov 11, 2018 at 10:47:58AM -0300, James Almer wrote:
> On 11/11/2018 8:57 AM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > I think we need another volunteer to help with uploading fate samples
> > why i think so, well, if i dont do it it seems to not happen currently
> > until i do it ...
> > This is worsened as james has technical problems with uploads ATM
> >
> > Do we have anyone who wants to help upload fate samples for contributors?
>
> There are several people with access to the server for this purpose. If
> i currently can't you shouldn't be the only one left to do it.
>
> I'm not against asking for new contributors, but try contacting the
> others first and see if they still can take care of uploading a sample
> every other month.

thats what this mail was trying to accomplish while also raising awareness
of the situation and finding out if anyone without an account would volunteer
in case noone with an account would volunteer.

no question i could have serialized this, but yeah that would have been
more work. Trying the easy solution first, if it fails then start asking
people one by one privatly if they can help starting with the ones who have
access already ...

Rewriting code that is poorly written but fully understood is good.
Rewriting code that one doesnt understand is a sign that one is less smart
then the original author, trying to rewrite it will not make it better.