[FFmpeg-devel] avcodec/proresdec : add 12b decoding support

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 02:57:16 EET 2018

> 012 : Add 12b support for 444 by default,

Is it slower?
I believe that once 12 bit decoding is not slower, it should
be the default for 422.

> and add user option for setting decoding precision

I wonder if this is necessary and correct: Calling applications
should choose the bit depth depending on their use case, if
ffmpeg (the cli) really doesn't support that, it is a missing
feature, different pix_fmts for one decoder (and input file) is
not new in FFmpeg, MPlayer had used this feature since
forever.

Carl Eugen