[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] VDD FFmpeg session and community survey

Werner Robitza werner.robitza at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 12:36:06 EET 2018

On Sat, Nov 24, 2018 at 2:23 PM René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have had my ML subscriptions set to not receive emails for a few years now. So when I got the invitation to vote (which I don't consider Spam btw) my first reflex was to confirm that I do not have any current issues with perceived hostility in the community.
>
> Then, when I checked the few replies to this thread before replying myself to explain my vote (and suggest that maybe this survey shouldn't have gone out to inactive members) I wondered if I shouldn't have voted yes...

To be honest, I was surprised the survey was a single yes/no
selection. I voted "no", but I'd have loved to be able to say "no, but
…" and provide some more context.

The way the survey is set up, I wouldn't be surprised if you get a lot
of "no" answers by people who had a first-hand experience with
hostility in this project, but would not want to generalize.

That being said, thanks for initiating the discussion, Thilo.

Werner