[FFmpeg-devel] [INFO]AMD D3D11 to OpenCL interop extension for NV12 and P010 textures - split planes

Mark Thompson sw at jkqxz.net
Wed Nov 28 02:04:40 EET 2018

On 26/11/2018 15:32, Mironov, Mikhail wrote:
> You assume that device ID returned from regular enumeration is the same as device ID returned from clGetDeviceIDsFromD3D11KHR. It is not guaranteed and I didn't try this.

Ok, that's fair I suppose.  Fixing it hasn't changed anything, though.

> Also I would add tracing to ensure that CL_CONTEXT_D3D11_DEVICE_KHR is actually set and clGetDeviceIDsFromD3D11KHR is called.

The first was always true (Intel requires it too), the second is now.

> In AMF code I always set CL_CONTEXT_INTEROP_USER_SYNC to true.

I'm not completely sure of the precise semantics of D3D11, but I don't think we want that here - the clEnqueueAcquireD3D11ObjectsKHR() call should be the first synchronisation point following the previous component (generally a decoder).

I tried setting it anyway, but the behaviour doesn't change - I still get CL_INVALID_D3D11_RESOURCE_KHR.

> Also I would trace other parameters to clCreateFromD3D11Texture2DKHR: memory flags and texture descriptor.

For the flags, I tried all of CL_MEM_READ_WRITE / CL_MEM_WRITE_ONLY / CL_MEM_READ_ONLY, which are the only allowed values.  The texture descriptor is just the one created for the decoder.

> BTW: does the interop work for NV or Intel?

The D3D11 interop works on Intel, though not directly in the ffmpeg utility without a little change because it requires the textures to be created with D3D11_RESOURCE_MISC_FLAG (as described in the extension document <https://www.khronos.org/registry/OpenCL/extensions/intel/cl_intel_d3d11_nv12_media_sharing.txt>).  Intel doesn't care whether clGetDeviceIDsFromD3D11KHR() is used or not (though I've fixed that anyway), but it does require the CL_CONTEXT_D3D11_DEVICE_KHR option to clCreateContext() (fails with CL_INVALID_CONTEXT if it isn't).

It can't work on Nvidia because they don't offer any way to share NV12 textures.

The DXVA2/D3D9 interop works correctly on both AMD and Intel with only the common standard extension.  The one Nvidia device I can find easily doesn't have cl_khr_dx9_media_sharing at all, so that doesn't work.

Thanks,

- Mark