[FFmpeg-devel] yadif frame doubling - incorrect closed captioning

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Mon Jan 14 21:22:39 EET 2019

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 01:43:45PM -0500, Devin Heitmueller wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 12:45 PM Michael Niedermayer
> <michael at niedermayer.cc> wrote:
> > well, there are other types of side data too. for example motion
> > vectors would need to be updated on crop depending on which rectangle
> > is croped out
>
> Ah, yes, of course.  I thought we were just discussing captions.
>
> So are you proposing a single general utility function which you would
> pass AVFrames, and it would perform changes to any side data that is
> present (e.g. captions, MVs, etc)?  I had assumed we would introduce a
> function specific to captions, which can be reused without having an
> underlying AVFrame.

we need to update all side data that requires an update so a function
doing that is needed
we can of course have a seperate function which does the update for
captions. I think that could be a internal/static function though

thx

Those who are best at talking, realize last or never when they are wrong.