[FFmpeg-devel] Rename RSHIFT macro to ROUNDED_RSHIFT

James Almer jamrial at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 20:35:04 EET 2019

On 1/22/2019 2:17 PM, Vittorio Giovara wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 2:15 PM FeRD <ferdnyc at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> You're not allowed to break fate (or compilation). So the two pathes
>>> need to be merged.
>>

>> Aha, thanks. I'll resubmit squashed into a single patch.
>>

> maybe it would be a good opportunity to expose the symbol publicly, and
> prefix it with AV_ instead of FF_, like it was done for AV_CEIL_RSHIFT
> (21f946840260da150affd9a20cc35b3d56194ba6)

That's not a good example seeing FF_CEIL_RSHIFT is still defined for
backwards compatibility. The idea here is to remove RSHIFT altogether.

I'm not against renaming it to AV_ROUNDED_RSHIFT or similar, but other
than an entry in APIChanges we have no way to let library users that
RSHIFT will be removed two or so years from now.