[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] STF 2025

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon Jun 3 20:36:04 EEST 2024

Le 3 juin 2024 19:43:52 GMT+03:00, Cosmin Stejerean via ffmpeg-devel <ffmpeg-devel at ffmpeg.org> a écrit :

>> On Jun 3, 2024, at 12:55 AM, Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net> wrote:
>>
>> IBC is probably not as (cost-)problematic as NAB, w.r.t. setting up the booth or transportation
>
>What was cost-problematic about NAB? As far as I know it cost ffmpeg $0.
> It would be hard for IBC to be less cost-problematic than that.

Booth setup is notoriously expensive due to local regulations. This was already mentioned on the list earlier, and no explanations were given how this would be funded.

Well in hindsight, based on what was reported by NAB attendees, I surmise that the setup wasn't done nor funded at all and the booth was FFmpeg in name only. (That sounds like embezzlement to me but that is not really our problem, I guess.)