[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] STF 2025

Vittorio Giovara vittorio.giovara at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 01:58:44 EEST 2024

On Mon, Jun 3, 2024 at 10:57 PM Cosmin Stejerean via ffmpeg-devel <
ffmpeg-devel at ffmpeg.org> wrote:

> > On Jun 3, 2024, at 12:26 PM, Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > Le maanantaina 3. kesäkuuta 2024, 21.58.48 EEST Cosmin Stejerean via
> ffmpeg-
> > devel a écrit :
> >> Not sure why you keep beating this dead horse.
> >
> > Err, I think that it is obvious why:
> >
> > 1) The questions were not answered back then. Calling the people asking
> > questions troll is not answering, it's insulting.
> >
> > 2) IBC came up today, in much the same way as NAB did.
>
> The costs or lack thereof came up today. Making accusations that it was
> FFmpeg in name only did not come up until you brought it up, and seems
> completely uncalled for.

Reposting my question/comment here since Thilo hasn't had a chance to
respond, but shouldn't these kinds of requests go through the GA? If
anybody can do whatever they want with the ffmpeg name, then what's the
point of voting and following the established process?

I think this is the underlying problem with booth management, everybody
acts like they own the place, and nothing changes from one event to
another, instead of taking notes to improve the situation. For example :
thilo or you sending a note to the GA "hey i got sponsorship for
IBC/NAB/whatever, I plan to represent ffmpeg, and have a b c as objectives.
Is that cool with you all? If yes, can we host GPAC and other multimedia
foss projects?" would have avoided a lot of drama.
--
Vittorio