[FFmpeg-devel] New CC member: Steven Liu

Marton Balint cus at passwd.hu
Wed Jun 5 10:34:23 EEST 2024

On Tue, 4 Jun 2024, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Anton resigned from the CC [1], leaving an empty spot. The remaining
> members of the CC agreed it would be best to fill the spot with the next
> runner-up from the last CC Elections.
> The last CC election results [2] had
> Steven Liu as next runner-up, so we've asked him to fill Anton's spot for
> the remainder of our term, and he accepted. Thanks & welcome, Steven!

I don't have a problem with this in practice, but the legitimacy of such
an appointment is not rock solid. The CC itself probably should not decide
on CC membership, as that comes from the GA.

Maybe we should always choose a spare member (as in the 6th winner), who
can automatically jump in. And if more than 1 person resign, a new
election can be held.

Regards,
Marton