[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] patch for LTS release

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Sun Jun 30 02:44:54 EEST 2024

On Thu, Jun 27, 2024 at 07:11:28AM +0000, jfrederich via ffmpeg-devel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we have found a minor bug in dshow.c that we would like to submit as a patch. Is it possible to submit a patch for 5.1.x LTS? Do I have to consider anything special for this?

If the bug is fixed in master and not in release/5.1 then the fix from master needs to be backported to release/5.1
    In this case please tell us which commit needs to be backported

If the bug is not fixed in master then please submit a patch against git master first

thx

I know you won't believe me, but the highest form of Human Excellence is
to question oneself and others. -- Socrates