[FFmpeg-trac] #5822(avfilter:new): filter "scale_npp" fails to select correct algorithm (Nvidia CUDA/NPP scaler)

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Tue Sep 6 13:29:14 EEST 2016

#5822: filter "scale_npp" fails to select correct algorithm (Nvidia CUDA/NPP
scaler)
------------------------------------+------------------------------------
             Reporter:  sdack       |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect      |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:              |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0           |
------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Comment (by sdack):

 No, there is more than one bug. The one confirmed by Nvidia is unrelated
 to this.

 It is my hope to get a response from them and telling me FFmpeg is doing
 it wrong and how to do it right, which means it can be fixed easily. If it
 turns out to be with Nvidia then who knows when or if this gets fixed.

 To fix the issue in FFmpeg might require using the 16-bit or floating-
 point implementation of this function.

 I'd like to wait for a response by Nvidia.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/5822#comment:6>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>