[FFmpeg-trac] #5822(avfilter:new): filter "scale_npp" fails to select correct algorithm (Nvidia CUDA/NPP scaler)

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Thu Sep 29 16:50:26 EEST 2016

#5822: filter "scale_npp" fails to select correct algorithm (Nvidia CUDA/NPP
scaler)
------------------------------------+------------------------------------
             Reporter:  sdack       |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect      |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:              |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0           |
------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Comment (by sdack):

 So far the only response I got was to send in a feature request for Nvidia
 to provide the new functions, which I've done.

 CUDA 8.0 has been released and still provides no replacement functions.
 They have even abandoned the use of some of the algorithms for this
 function.

 cubic2p_bspline, cubic2p_catmullrom and cubic2p_b05c03 now only produce an
 error message (-22, Interpolation Error).

 The npp_scale filter may need to be declared as deprecated.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/5822#comment:8>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>