[FFmpeg-trac] #10980(avfilter:new): If you apply the "sharpen_npp" filter to a 1080p video, the resolution will be output at 1088p (a green bar will appear at the bottom of the video)

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Sat Apr 27 16:00:58 EEST 2024

#10980: If you apply the "sharpen_npp" filter to a 1080p video, the resolution will
be output at 1088p (a green bar will appear at the bottom of the video)
             Reporter:  Django       |                    Owner:  (none)
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0            |
Description changed by Django:

Old description:

> Summary of the bug:\\
> \\
> If you apply the "sharpen_npp" filter to a 1080p video, the resolution
> will be output at 1088p (a green bar will appear at the bottom of the
> video)\\
> \\
> It looks similar to the problem below, but in my environment it looks
> like a "shapen_npp" problem.
> This is because the problem does not occur if "shapen_npp" is not used.
> [https://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-
> devel/2021-October/286774.html]\\
>
> How to reproduce:
> {{{
> %  ffmpeg -v 9 -loglevel 99 -report -hwaccel cuda -hwaccel_output_format
> cuda -i test.ts -vcodec h264_nvenc -vf
> yadif_cuda,bilateral_cuda,scale_npp=format=yuv420p,sharpen_npp -acodec
> copy -f mpegts test_deint_denoise_sharpen.ts
> }}}

New description:

 Summary of the bug:\\
 \\
 If you apply the "sharpen_npp" filter to a 1080p video, the resolution
 will be output at 1088p (a green bar will appear at the bottom of the
 video). I tested it with multiple files, and it doesn't seem like the
 issue is dependent on a specific video file.\\

Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/10980#comment:1>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>