[FFmpeg-user] player skips frames in video after encoding

Alexey Titov a_titov82 at mail.ru
Tue Sep 27 21:29:31 CEST 2011

Hello. I encoded video from my camera with the following commands

ffmpeg -i file.mp4 -sameq  -an -threads 2 -deinterlace -r 25
converted/file.mp4.temp.MP4
ffmpeg -i converted/file.mp4.temp.MP4.temp.MP4 -vcodec libx264 -vpre
normal -threads 3 converted/file.mp4

I applied this command to many video files. Some files are played well
after encoding but several files are not.
The first command produces big file (converted/file.mp4.temp.MP4) which
can be played by any player. The second command reduces file size
(converted/file.mp4) but most of this video is played very slowly and
lots frames are skipped. Video looks like a slideshow. I don't want to
show the video itself, but I can provide any information about this
video and any debug information.
Please help me to investigate what do I do wrong.

ffmpeg version 0.8.3, Copyright (c) 2000-2011 the FFmpeg developers
  built on Sep 18 2011 13:18:53 with gcc 4.5.2
  configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-libx264
  libavutil    51.  9. 1 / 51.  9. 1
  libavcodec   53.  7. 0 / 53.  7. 0
  libavformat  53.  4. 0 / 53.  4. 0
  libavdevice  53.  1. 1 / 53.  1. 1