[FFmpeg-user] using spdif demuxer

Sam Hawkens Sam.Hawkens at freenet.de
Thu Aug 2 13:58:12 CEST 2012

Hi,

I want to playback sound from a USB soundcard's S/PDIF input with ffmpeg. So far I managed to get this working straight forward with PCM:

ffmpeg -ar 48000 -ac 2 -f alsa -i plughw:1,0 -f alsa hw:0,0

Now I want to use this also for ac3 or dts. -f alsa option will not work together with -acodec ac3.
-f spdif should in my understanding be the right selection for spdif input demuxer, but this will not go together with alsa plughw:1,0. So how can I do this?

Sam