[FFmpeg-user] Resuming broken capture of mpeg-ts stream, or capture from certain position?

JustPassing pouvoirsdumale-ffmpeg at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 8 18:47:50 CEST 2012

I have no idea if -ss POSITION jumps right to a certain position for other
mpeg-ts streams.  All other times I've needed to capture stream, the stream
has been easy to capture and I've never needed to use ffmpeg.  I think this
is the first time I come across mpeg-ts streams.

I tried waiting after doing the -ss POSITION.  I waited forever and the link
timed out.  It's clear I won't get the rest of the stream that way.

As for mplayer, I have no idea where you're supposed to enter the command
lines.  Am I supposed to go the the directory where mplayer is with my
command prompt, and then type that command in it?
I open the command prompt (Run -> then I type "cmd").  Then I type
cd C:\Program Files\SMPlayer\mplayer
Then I do mplayer -dumpstream LINK

but all it does is scan my fonts folder.  No idea what's going on...