[FFmpeg-user] Still Image tifs to video (part 2)

Jim Shupert jshupert at pps-inc.com
Fri Aug 10 21:50:01 CEST 2012

I have a series of 16,000 or so .tif images that I want to assemble into
a video. I want the video to be of the highest quality possible, with no
compression. I want to load the completed video into a video editing
program, like Windows Movie Maker 2.6 (I'm just going to make cuts).
Based on the advice I received yesterday, I used image magick's
"mogrify" command to convert all of the images to 836x650 pixels.
command line "mogrify -resize 836x650! *.tif" worked perfectly. Now I
have 16,000 images all the same size. I want to creat an avi file that
can be edited in Windows Movie Maker that preserves all of the quality
in the images. File size is unimportant. I tried "ffmpeg -r 16 -b 3600
-i dw1%06d.tif dw1.avi", but am unhappy with the results.

the data rate of [ -b 3600 ]  3.6 Mbps is rather low especially for a
frm size of 836x650
try an increase of that Num.

example: ntsc dv would be 720x480 @ 25 Mbps  and ~ 30 fps ,

the frm size of 836x650 is rather odd itself , and 16 fps for rate .are
you ok with that  temporal resolution
( 16 frms per sec )