[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg stdout write performance on windows (buffering request)

Jason Anders jgo at kataf.nl
Thu Aug 16 21:19:03 CEST 2012

I'd like to update this RFE to status: discard :o)

It turned out that reading stdin is dog slow when trying to do this:
    read(handle, buffer, w*h*3);

I rewrote it to read from stdin in batches of 64K, and-a-bit until I get a
full frame. After this minor change I could read frames in 8ms, as opposed
to the ~330ms I had earlier.

Thanks for your time, I'll crawl back to where ever I came from!

 - Jason