[FFmpeg-user] Zeranoe Windows builds spiking CPU to 100% randomly

Jan Ehrhardt phpdev at ehrhardt.nl
Fri Aug 17 19:40:51 CEST 2012

Jan Ehrhardt in gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.user (Fri, 17 Aug 2012 18:18:52
+0200):
>Fine. I will do some speed tests, from 50i PAFF interlaced files to
>x264/faac. I will follow-up if remarkable differences occur.

As the Zeranoe builds do not have libfaac (yet?), I had to test with
x264/aac. My own builds were slightly faster than Kyle's but nothing
special: 2 seconds on a total of 130s (32-bit) or 115s (64-bit). Kyle's
latest on its turn was 2 seconds faster than Andy's build of 20120710.

Interestingly enough, Andy was faster than Kyle in converting to
WMV-format (and on par with my 64-bit builds).

There has been some discussion on the status of Libfaac. Does that
effect Zeranoe's builds?

Jan

BTW: mencoder-r33986 is still faster on the same files.