[FFmpeg-user] dynamic image overlay possible?

dmj2144 dennis_jansky at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 17 14:58:17 CEST 2012

>From everything that I have been reviewing;  It does not seem like it is
possible, with existing filters, to have dynamic parameters.  That said,
there is a link on ffmpeg "HOWTo ffmpeg filter" that describes how you can
create a custom filter and it provides a wiki with a small example.   I
believe that if I can start with that example you look at the built-in
overlay filter I will have a good shot at making it dynamic.  The key method
you should focus on is draw_slice().  This method receives each frame and I
am guessing is the best spot to make a call to retrieve the parameters.