[FFmpeg-user] Problems enabling libfaac

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Wed Aug 22 13:11:15 CEST 2012

Le sextidi 6 fructidor, an CCXX, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk a écrit :
> See below for ldd output. What more should I need than libfaac and its
> -dev counterpart? Will I need the source code for it to build this
> correctly?
>
> Also, sholdn't configure or the build process somewhat fail if a module
> couldn't be built?

Again, it has nothing to do with libfaac.

> root at media2:~/src/git/ffmpeg# ldd /usr/bin/ffmpeg

This is not the ffmpeg binary you just built, it is the system ffmpeg, and
as such does not have the configuration you want. Therefore, this ldd output
is completely useless.

But let us assume it was not:

> 	libavcodec.so.53 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libavcodec.so.53 (0x00007fe86e4c2000)

It loads the system's libavcodec, which does not have the configuration you
want either.

Now, try again, but this time with the ffmpeg binary you just built, and
notice the difference, or rather the lack of difference.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George