[FFmpeg-user] compile error: ffmpeg av_get_default_channel_layout

Sven Dueking sven at nablet.com
Wed Aug 29 11:48:50 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I am not a linux expert, maybe I made something stupied – but I was not able
to figure out what´s wrong here.

Basically I downloaded ffmpeg 11.0, build it and set the lib and include
path in eclipse.

But I get this error :

relocation error: /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.so.54: symbol
av_get_default_channel_layout, version LIBAVUTIL_51 not defined in file
libavutil.so.51 with link time reference

My guess is, there is a mismatch between older and newer libs from ffmpeg.

Can anyone help here ?

Not sure if this makes a difference, the same code works under windows.

Thanks,

Sven