[FFmpeg-user] analyze file

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Wed Aug 29 22:33:21 CEST 2012

On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 20:04:49 +0200
alberto momeale <alberto.momeale at live.it> wrote:

> > Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 17:34:32 +0100
> > From: tevans.uk at googlemail.com
> > To: ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org
> > Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-user] analyze file
> >
> > On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 5:24 PM, alberto momeale
> > <alberto.momeale at live.it> wrote:
> > >
> > > I need to analyze two file, I am not sure in what is the correct syntax.Someone can help me?bye

Basic example for ffmpeg:
ffmpeg -i inputfile1.mp4 inputfile2.mkv

Then refer to the console output for basic file details.

> > Help vampire alert.
> >
> > Have you tried anything, or researched what might work? Read the
> > ffmpeg website? Searched the internet? Done anything that might avoid
> > sending unnecessary, easy to answer questions to hundreds if not
> > thousands of people? No?

Yes, very little information was provided and therefore we can not give
detailed or straightforward answers.

> > ffprobe…
> >
> > http://ffmpeg.org/ffprobe.html
>
> thanks, I know ffprobe. I looked every where. But I am not sure how install it. I work an a MAC! I am new in that kind of OS. usually I work on Windows. Normal task, are becoming harder... If someone can help me...
> thanks

Did you try the FFmpeg Static OS X Builds by tessus?
http://www.evermeet.cx/ffmpeg/

The same link is also on the ffmpeg download page. Did you refer to
this page?
http://ffmpeg.org/download.html