[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg /x264 building for Android

Mehmet Kerim Yücel mehmetkerimyucel at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 30 01:15:33 CEST 2012

Hello everybody,

I have few questions, please keep in mind that I am a beginner at this and sorry if my questions are simple ones.

I have been trying to build ffmpeg for Android lately and encountered few problems. I have been using this tutorial ( http://www.roman10.net/how-to-build-ffmpeg-for-android/ ) and managed to build ffmpeg. I wanted to include libx264 and found out that I had to compile libx264 seperately, which I did as well.

I am trying to include libx264.a static library to ffmpeg build. I know that I have to change extracf and extrald flags( so that ffmpeg can include libx264 static library)  while configuring ffmpeg, but I don't know exactly how.  Any help might be really helpful.

My last question is related to size of libffmpeg.so shared library. I have used the versions of NDK and ffmpeg in aforementioned tutorial link and libffmeg.so's size was around 6mb. I have tried the same script for different NDK and ffmpeg versions, such as NDK 7 ffmpeg 0.10.4 and obtained the file size as 3mb. What does that mean? Is this a problem? Static libraries and include files are same as tutorial's case (NDK 5b and Love version of ffmpeg).

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Best,

M.Kerim Yücel