[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg /x264 building for Android

Mehmet Kerim Yücel mehmetkerimyucel at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 30 19:03:04 CEST 2012

Hi again,

No, I didn't use the old version for any advantages or disadvantages, I have made my way through an existing script to actually start understanding it. As I have presented in the first post, I used the script for Ndk5b, and altered it (mainly the paths) for different version of NDK and ffmpeg. To sum up, I have compiled ffmpeg and libx264 for NDK r8 as well as NDK r7. Lastly, thanks a lot for the license notice, i will fix it right away.

My problem is that I can't seem to link x264 to ffmpeg. I know that this should be done via flags. I have also checked the script posted  https://github.com/guardianproject/android-ffmpeg here and I have changed the flags accordingly, but to no avail. I am basically asking here for anything that I might have done wrong, which might be related to syntax, directory placement or paths/flags. As I said earlier, I am just a beginner in this and probably skipping something simple.

Thanks.

M.Kerim Yücel