[FFmpeg-user] Streaming text with libavfilter drawtext

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Sun Dec 2 20:01:04 CET 2012

Le duodi 12 frimaire, an CCXXI, dave at arthistory.cc a écrit :
> Just for info I have at least tried to search this list for an answer
> before posting.
>
> I have a streaming text that I would like to get added to my stream. What
> I'm aiming for here is to get data.txt re-read every second so the textdata
> in that(that updates every 0.1 seconds) will be shown in my stream:

This is not currently possible. Please tell me if the following patch:
http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2012-December/135176.html
would suit your needs. Note that it reloads the text for each frame rather
than every second; given the amount of work that drawtext must perform, this
is not a big issue IMHO.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George