[FFmpeg-user] issues compiling ffmpeg on Solaris 10

Phaneendra Katta Phaneendra.Katta at vifm.org
Tue Dec 4 06:53:55 CET 2012

Hi,

Here are the features i want and this is my configure command

# ./configure --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --disable-w32threads
--enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-bzlib --enable-frei0r --enable-libass
--enable-libcelt --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb
--enable-libfreetype --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libnut
--enable-libopenjpeg --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger
--enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libutvideo
--enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvorbis
--enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid
--enable-zlib

It errors out complaining about libass not found though it exists

Broken shell detected.  Trying alternatives.
Trying shell bash
ERROR: libass not found

If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
version from Git.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
Include the log file "config.log" produced by configure as this will help
solving the problem.

root at sadmin01# pkg-config --exists libass ;echo $?
0

Here is the abstract from config.log

BEGIN /tmp/ffconf.XXPSaatF.c
    1   #include <ass/ass.h>
    2   long check_ass_library_init(void) { return (long)
ass_library_init; }
    3   int main(void) { return 0; }
END /tmp/ffconf.XXPSaatF.c
gcc -D_ISOC99_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
-D__EXTENSIONS__ -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600 -std=c99 -fomit-frame-pointer
-mcpu=ultrasparc -mtune=ultrasparc -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib
-c -o /tmp/ffconf.XXtTaauF.o /tmp/ffconf.XXPSaatF.c
gcc -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib -o /tmp/ffconf.XX.SaGtF
/tmp/ffconf.XXtTaauF.o -lass -lm -lbz2 -lz -lrt
libiconv_close                      /usr/local/lib/libass.so
libiconv_open                       /usr/local/lib/libass.so
libiconv                            /usr/local/lib/libass.so
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
/tmp/ffconf.XX.SaGtF
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
ERROR: libass not found

It gives same error for libcelt if i remove --enable-libass from configure
line. Can you please help with this, struggling with this from 2 days now.

Thanks,
- Phanee

The content of this e-mail and any attachments may be private and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you must not read, forward, print, copy, disclose, use or store in any way the information contained in this e-mail or any attachment.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete or destroy all copies of this e-mail and any attachments.
Our organisation respects the privacy of individuals. For a copy of our privacy policy please go to our website or contact us.