[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg input, output and config

Zac Harvey zachary.harvey at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 19:31:38 CET 2012

Thanks Carl,

I'll have more time this afternoon to digest your answer, but the one thing
that immediately caught my eye was when you said:

> I should probably add that streaming mp4 in realtime (via udp or other
means) seems impossible...

Can you (or anybody else) elaborate on this some more? My understanding is
that MP4 is a container for 1 or more bitstreams. My understanding is that
you use MP4 to contain your encoded video and encoded audio streams, and
then you stream them together as MP4. Am I missing something here? Why
would it be impossible to stream MP4? Thanks again.