[FFmpeg-user] question about dvd preset

Rick C. rickcorteza at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 00:43:07 CET 2012

On Dec 11, 2012, at 5:55 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Rick C. <rickcorteza <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I know this is maybe not advisable, but is it not
>> possible to override the dimensions when using the
>> DVD preset?
>
> Since your question does not make much sense - why
> using DVD restrictions for the encoding if you don't
> want to play your resulting file with a dvd player? -
> it may be better if you explain your actual use case.
>
> Carl Eugen

Sorry yes I want to follow DVD restrictions, but I'm just curious how to handle things like widescreen DVD's?  So if my source is 16:9 when using the DVD target it will get changed and will not look right.  Maybe the better way to say it is how to preserve aspect ratio when converting to DVD target?

Thanks again for your help,

rc