[FFmpeg-user] Corrupt 3gp video

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Dec 13 18:03:58 CET 2012

Mark R Bannister <mark <at> proseconsulting.co.uk> writes:

> I've been hacking ffplay and libavformat, and have
> successfully got it past init_input() in avformat_open_input()
> by running av_probe_input_buffer() against an avio_open2() of
> the good file, then  re-running avio_open2() on the bad file
> before returning from init_input().

This sounds as if using "ffmpeg -f mov -i file" may have been
easier...

> However, now s->iformat->read_header() fails with the
> message:
>
> [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x681b20] moov atom not found

It may be theoretically possible to read the file (I am not
100% sure), FFmpeg certainly does not support it.
You could take the moov atom from another file from the same
camera, add it to the end of the file and fix the offset of
the atom in the beginning of the file (mdat ?)

Carl Eugen