[FFmpeg-user] [N46146] Joined MPG = no sound

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Tue Dec 18 15:53:20 CET 2012

On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 16:12:12 +0100, Gilles <codecomplete at free.fr>
wrote:
>VLC has no problem playing the input MPG files, so I don't understand
>why it plays the joined output file with no sound while Splash Lite
>plays it just fine :-/

I finally got around to investigating: VLC not playing any sound and
displaying ten's of streams in Tools > Codec Information was simply
due to my using the wrong file extension in the output filename:

BAD!
ffmpeg -i input.mpg -c:v libx264 -c:a copy output.converted.mpg

GOOD!
ffmpeg -i input.mpg -c:v libx264 -c:a copy output.converted.mp4