[FFmpeg-user] timelimit option on Windows build of ffmpeg

Joe Wetherill joewetherill at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 01:12:36 CET 2012

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the reply. I have just looked through the output in more detail
and I've now seen the message "Warning: -timelimit not implemented on this
OS"

I think the only thing for it is to run batch file as a scheduled task in
Windows:

'taskkill /fi "imagename eq ffmpeg.exe" /fi "cputime ge 00:01:00"' will
terminate any ffmpeg.exe process which has been running for a minute or
more.

It would be nice to get to the bottom of why ffmpeg seems to runaway every
now and then - I can re-run the command and it works fine. I am guessing
some sort of memory leak?

Joe Wetherill