[FFmpeg-user] When to determine frames are progressive or interlaced ?

Christian Ebert blacktrash at gmx.net
Wed Dec 19 18:05:16 CET 2012

* James Darnley on Wednesday, December 19, 2012 at 14:50:06 +0100
> On 2012-12-19 13:12, Christian Ebert wrote:
>> Hm, a vob file for instance is in all probability interlaced, and
>> at least it "looks" like in this case for once mediainfo gives
>> more meaningful info:
>>
>> $ mediainfo --Inform='Video;%ScanType%' test.vob
>> Interlaced
>> $ mediainfo --Inform='Video;%ScanOrder%' test.vob
>> TFF
>
> This tells you absolutely nothing about the *content* and is of no more
> use than ffmpeg's flags about the manner in which a video was encoded.

Fair enough. It's very useful though when I want to know whether
I need to apply a deinterlace filter or not. The idet filter does
not help then.

theatre - books - texts - movies
Black Trash Productions at home: http://www.blacktrash.org
Black Trash Productions on Facebook: