[FFmpeg-user] iPod conversion fail

. peace at AleksandrSolzhenitsyn.net
Thu Dec 20 18:22:08 CET 2012

On 12/20/2012 11:59 AM, Roger Pack wrote:
> On 12/20/12, . <peace at aleksandrsolzhenitsyn.net> wrote:
>> Sorry to bother you folks again but I'm not being too successful lately
>> in converting Youtube videos to be played on my iPod 160G Classic.
>>
>> The problem occurs with videos over 10 minutes- around the 16 minute
>> mark they speed up for a few seconds and run all the way to the end of
>> the video and stop.
> Do they play ok with other players?
On VLC, Totem, ffplay it plays perfectly with no problems.

Is it just the audio or both audio and video that speed up?

The video speeds up and the audio mutes.  Typically the problem of
"speeding up" manifests itself this way;

At around the 18 minute mark or so the video briefly pauses, speeds up
really fast and ends.

The odd thing is that I've used the same code for quite a few months
with no troubles loading and playing them on my iPod.
By way of background- the videos all come from Youtube.

Thank you for the help.