[FFmpeg-user] Problem with running configure while installing ffmpeg

James Willie jwillie2000 at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 20 08:55:37 CET 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am trying to install ffmpeg for the first time on my system. I do have
the latest version from Git and when i run the configure command, i am
getting the following error message:

yasm not found, use --disable-yasm for a crippled build

If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
version from Git.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
Include the log file "config.log" produced by configure as this will help
solving the problem."

The config.log file is attached to this email for your kind perusal.

Any suggestion on what I should do to be able to move forward would be
grateful.

Thanks!

James

--