[FFmpeg-user] Metadata issue

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Dec 21 18:43:20 CET 2012

Ryan Strassburg <ryanstrassburg <at> hotmail.com> writes:

> When copying my AVI to a WMV using ffmpeg I am trying to add
> the “Comments” for the file – this is the label within Windows
> Explorer Properties Detail file dialog.
> FFMpeg insists on changing my “comment” metadata tag to
> “Description”, thus I end up with a “Description” property
> field instead of “comment” property field which is not read
> since it is the wrong name.

This would be easy to fix, but the Microsoft documentation
mentions "Description" but not "comment":
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd743066%28VS.85%29.aspx

Could you explain in a really, really noob-way how I can
reproduce this problem?
(I usually don't use Windows with media files.)

Carl Eugen