[FFmpeg-user] ffprobe MOV TAG:timecode does not match Quicktime Player

Dave Rice dave at dericed.com
Fri Dec 28 01:51:48 CET 2012

On Dec 27, 2012, at 5:06 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Gary Margiotta <gary_margiotta <at> yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> ffprobe version 0.10.2 Copyright (c) 2007-2012 the FFmpeg developers
>
> Please test current git head.
> If it is still reproducible, please provide a sample.

I can confirm that this scenario is still reproducible within the current git head. In the procedure he used to create the file the value "21:43:06;29" is still stored within the timecode track but an edit list is created within the timecode track (as well as any others) to identify the proper offset. I think this is related this ticket: https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/1137
Dave Rice