[FFmpeg-user] Excessive reporting with -report option in latest FFMPEG builds

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Fri Jul 6 00:58:50 CEST 2012

L'octidi 18 messidor, an CCXX, eric cocuzza a écrit :
> I am getting following error with latest ffmpeg presets?Can some one help me understand them
>
>  –vprofile option is only working
> with High profile not with baseline of libx264. Even after changing
> it to high profile I get following message
>
> Jun 28 19:43:06 [tomcat-exec-115] ERROR    o.ffmpeg [libx264 @ 0x40686680] broken
> ffmpeg default settings detected
>
> Jun 28 19:43:06 [tomcat-exec-115] ERROR    o.ffmpeg [libx264 @ 0x40686680] use an
> encoding preset (e.g. -vpre medium)
>
> Jun 28 19:43:06 [tomcat-exec-115] ERROR    o.ffmpeg [libx264 @ 0x40686680] preset
> usage: -vpre <speed> -vpre <profile>
>
> Jun 28 19:43:06 [tomcat-exec-115] ERROR    o.ffmpeg [libx264 @ 0x40686680] speed
> presets are listed in x264 --help
>
> Jun 28 19:43:06 [tomcat-exec-115] ERROR    o.ffmpeg [libx264 @ 0x40686680] profile is
> optional; x264 defaults to high
>
> Jun 28 19:43:06 [tomcat-exec-115] ERROR    c.x.xuggler Error: cannot write incomplete
> packet (../../../../../../../csrc/com/xuggle/xuggler/Container.cpp:759)

I do not believe anyone can help you with that output. It does not look like
ffmpeg at all, rather some weird filtered/derived output. If there is really
a true ffmpeg binary behind that, you can use the FFREPORT to make it
generate a report file, with the complete command line and output.

Also, it would probably be better to start a new thread for that.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George