[FFmpeg-user] Zeranoe Windows builds spiking CPU to 100% randomly

Andy Sheen sheen.andy at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 11 00:34:12 CEST 2012

Roger Pack wrote on Tue 10 Jul at 21:26 UK time

>> If you can tell me how to compile with debug on, I'll see if I can get
>> the symbols.
>
> Does your compile create ffmpeg_g?  If so then use that.
> Also using gdb and interrupting it during a spike might be useful information.

So... ffmpeg_g exists. I run it but I can't get windows windbg to see
the symbols in the file :(. I also have the same problem with cygwin gdb
as the compile was done with a mingw compiler... <sigh>

>> I suppose compiling direct on linux is easy now I've done the cross
>> compile ;) No, I don't see it on a linux git clone from this evening
>> compiled in exactly the same way (same configure options etc...)
>
> Dang.  Some windows pthread race condition woe?

Yup.

Where now? Any build from this year is useless as far as I'm concerned...