[FFmpeg-user] AC3 encoding problem - wrong audio tag?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Jul 15 22:42:38 CEST 2012

Andy Furniss <andyqos <at> ukfsn.org> writes:

> One thing I notice is that if I make ac3 with ffmpeg then mediainfo
> shows the channels like -
>
> Channel positions                        : Front: L C R, Back: L R, LFE
> Channel positions                        : 3/0/2.1

> Channel positions                        : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
> Channel positions                        : 3/2/0.1

This is completely unrelated to the original question.
(Why is a waveformatextensible header written for Dolby
Surround?)

Allow me to repeat what I wrote in the ticket:
I am absolutely willing to help with this problem, but
changing FFmpeg so it does something that the specification
does not allow at least needs excessive testing - I would
expect that WMP does not play the invalid samples.

Carl Eugen