[FFmpeg-user] failing

Rhodri James rhodri at kynesim.co.uk
Wed Jul 18 19:37:52 CEST 2012

[Please don't top-post.  It's considered rude here because it makes things
harder to read and encourages you not to bother trimming the message you
are replying to.  I've re-ordered this to make more sense.]

On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 17:43:17 +0100, focus television
<focustelev at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 18-Jul-12 5:24 PM, bat guano wrote:

[">>>" must be the original poster, but the attribution got trimmed]

>>> Can u pleasse lett me why it is failing while writing .. I can play and
>>> use it but it doesnt save
>>> Could not write header for output file #0 (incorrect codec parameters
>>> ?): Operation not permitted
>> Hi
>> Video codec used is VP6.
>> Not permitted in mp4 container.
>> Use different container, such as flv.
>>
>> ffmpeg -i "rtmp://cp106922.live.edgefcs.net/live/asianetnews@53812
>> live=1" -c copy foofoo.flv

[snip]
>> Video
>> Format                  : VP6
[snip]
>> Audio
>> Format                  : MPEG Audio
>> Format version          : Version 2
>> Format profile          : Layer 3

> But if i want it h264 and aac audio what should i do?

The Fine Manual explains how to select codecs, and an MP4 container is a
good choice for that audio and video combination.  What have you tried so
far?

--
Rhodri James
Kynesim Ltd