[FFmpeg-user] WebM conversion fails

Mihamina Rakotomandimby mihamina at rktmb.org
Mon Jul 30 10:28:30 CEST 2012

On 07/30/2012 10:52 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
>> The conversion takes place (I mean no error nor warning), but the result
>> >is not visible with any player I use.
> Which player?

Well, Carl, your question made me wondered.
I tried with my usual video player, nothing appeared.
I looked for a webm sample file over the web and found:
http://kisdigital.wordpress.com/2011/04/05/using-ffmpeg-to-encode-video-with-webm/

It played in my browser (Firefox) but no in my desktop player.
So, I tested my encoded video with my browser and it works!

The culprit is me (or my installed gstreamer plugins).

The conclusion: I should have tested the videos with my browser prior
than with my usual video player...

--
RMA.