[FFmpeg-user] Legal issues related to Nellymoser/Asao decoding.

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Jun 1 13:11:11 CEST 2012

Phil Rhodes <phil_rhodes <at> rocketmail.com> writes:

> One of the problems with opensource software is that, while you will often
> be told you're not allowed to do certain things and threatened with
> (almost invariably spurious) legal action, it is often very difficult to
> get anyone to go on-record and tell you what they're willing to permit.

On the contrary, we (and I suspect all people who write OpenSource
software) are very clear to tell everybody what "we're willing to permit",
just read LICENSE.
What the OP wanted to know is what Nellymoser is willing to permit,
I don't think anybody on this list knows, and I for once agree
with you that only a legal expert can give you an opinion.

Carl Eugen

PS: Since I believe you often asked:
In this case, "we" are the FFmpeg developers.