[FFmpeg-user] Converting avi-mp4 to h.264 as used by ISDB-T tuner? how?

Rhodri James rhodri at kynesim.co.uk
Wed Jun 6 13:56:28 CEST 2012

On Mon, 04 Jun 2012 06:48:57 +0100, Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 2:45 AM, Gabri Nurtinaz Shally
> <gabri.ns at gmail.com> wrote:
>> if you have example ts file, you can check its codec n transcode your
>> video
>> to the same configuration. my guess is it in dvd format. you can search
>> how
>> to convert a video file to a format that dvd compliance.
>
> My point is that the ISDB-Tb standard uses H.264 compression for video
> with MPEG-4 HE-AAC v1 at L2 (HE-AAC, Version 1, Level 2) for its audio
> codec.
>
> What I need to know is if the .TS files the set top box tuner expects
> are the "raw dump" of what is received over the air, or a standard
> H.264 TS file

H.222 Transport Streams (there is no such thing as an "H.264
Transport Stream") are fairly simple animals, and there is no
"file format" defined for them as such.  They *are* the container
format, so the only sensible file format is to store them without
any further fiddling about.

To find out exactly what is in a TS saved by your STB, you could
try using "tstools" (http://code.google.com/p/tstools/) to take
it apart and see.

--
Rhodri James