[FFmpeg-user] problematic lines when encoding to prores format

Tim Nicholson nichot20 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 22 09:46:39 CEST 2012

On 19/06/12 08:01, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Kusno Mudiarto <mudiarto <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I have problem when I try to convert a dvd to apple prores 422 (apch)
>> format. The encoded video has lines artifact. It doesn't show up all the
>> times though, usually just when somebody moves to fast, or on scene changes
>>
>> see the picture here : http://imgur.com/qED4j
>
> I am not convinced this is only related to interlaced vs progressive...

The sample provided certainly looks like interlace-> progressive issues
However istr that when piping input to ffmpeg interlace flagging gets lost.

It is also worth remembering that any auto inserted filters will operate
progressively, so need to be replaced with explicitly declared instances
that set interlace handling.

I wonder why a more conventional command line is not used?

--
Tim