[FFmpeg-user] FFMpeg native aac decoder

linuxford fordgwf at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 05:03:02 CEST 2012

Okay. Sorry about that. I re-downloaded one revision back and did the
following and it worked (not sure why I had problems, maybe I messed up my
newer one or it had bugs?).

# download source code ffmpeg “freedom” tarball
#http://ffmpeg.org/download.html

#unpack tarball
bzip2 -d ffmpeg-0.10.4.tar.bz2
tar -xvf ffmpeg-0.10.4.tar

cd ffmpeg-0.10.4

sudo ./configure --enable-libfaac --enable-nonfree --enable-libmp3lame
--enable-libvorbis --enable-encoder=libvorbis --enable-decoder=libvorbis
--enable-decoder=pcm_s32le --enable-encoder=pcm_s32le

sudo make
sudo make install

#now convert music
ffmpeg -i audio.wav -acodec libvorbis -aq 60 audio.ogg