[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg: STREAMING LIVE AUDIO OVER INTERNET AS .MP3 USING MIC...CAN THIS BE TWEAKED?

maujhsn 103730258b at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 21:49:02 CEST 2012

ffmpeg -f oss -i /dev/dsp -acodec libmp3lame -ab 32k -ac 1 -re -f rtp rtp://
234.5.5.5:1234

ffmpeg -f oss -i /dev/dsp -acodec libmp3lame -ab 128k -ac 2 -ar 44100 -re
-f rtp rtp://234.5.5.5:1234

These two commands appear to work well..My question to you is this: Can the
command be modified to steam an audio file from my hard drive instead of
from the mic input?

The other question is this is there a pulse audioaudio component i.e.
ffmpeg -f  alsa -ac 2 instead of  ffmpeg -f oss -i /dev/dsp

Thanks,

MJ