[FFmpeg-user] "Piping" to c#

Marco Baumgärtner kalleernst at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 27 22:31:17 CEST 2012

Hello.

I'd like to encode images I create in c# directly into a video using
ffmpeg. I thought about exporting jpgs in c# to feed ffmpeg with to have
a buffer. But simply assuming a number of images to be available would
lead to ffmpeg being faster than my code so ffmpeg may exit prematurely.
So I am looking for a command line to make ffmpeg encode images until a
"stop signal" of some kind comes for it to finalize the movie file. In
other words(from ffmpeg perspective): More and more files are piling up,
like image0001.jpg, image0002.jpg,... Starting now with encoding might
make ffmpeg come to the last currently output file while there are more
to come. But at the time of ffmpeg execution there were not any more. So
the given files are being processed, ffmpeg exits like a dog who wags
its tail and waits for its reward ;)

If something is unclear, feel free to ask.

Best