[FFmpeg-user] "Piping" to c#

Rhodri James rhodri at kynesim.co.uk
Thu Jun 28 16:25:52 CEST 2012

[Edited to restore the flow of conversation...]
On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 12:50:13 +0100, Marco Baumgärtner
<kalleernst at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Am 28.06.2012 08:20, schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
>> Marco Baumgärtner <kalleernst <at> googlemail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Can you give me a workflow and command line?
>> (You are expected here to try something first afaict.)
>>
>> cat yourimages|ffmpeg -f image2pipe -i -
>>
> We are not in school I am not expected anything. That being said, cat is
> a unix command, is it the same as copy in windows?

No, it's the equivalent of "type" in Windows.  Much as I love the word
"catenate", it wasn't a good choice for a command name waaaaay back when
Unix was first being written.

The point is to feed your images into ffmpeg's input, where the
"image2pipe" format will interpret them correctly.  I think
substituting "type" for "cat" will work, though I'm hardly a
Windows expert.

--
Rhodri James
Kynesim Ltd